January 13, 2013

Sunday!

Sundays are my favorite day of the week. No expectations or plans. Be lazy and do what you want when you want. So what did I do?

Went to my second favorite place - Office Max! It's like an adult candy store. I really only needed to pick up some banker boxes to file tax papers but ended up leaving with about 5 packs of pens. Hi, I'm Thuy and I'm a pen hoarder (only the good ones though.)







What would a day in my life would be without knitting? Started my Winter's Coming hat using Cascade 128 in Ice Blue and MountainTop Blackthorn by Classic Elite Yarns in Alabaster. This will be a sample for Boucle to get customers excited about knitting fair isle projects. This is a super simple pattern and works up in a few hours with chunky yarn. The only downside so far is the blue is staining my hands and bamboo needles and I'm a little worried the color will bleed when washed. Cross my fingers!









Worked on my Crimple sock a litte more. The foot pattern is pretty easy to follow and makes for nice almost mindless knitting. The yarn is The Plucky Knitter's MCN fingering in Route 66. It was originally caked for a different pair of socks but I ended up using it for this one. 

















0 comments: