February 20, 2009

I suck at this blogging business

As pointed out by Sarah, I'm not very good with this blog stuff, so I am going to make an effort to post more regularly. This will be good practice since I'm much more of a listener than a talker.

So what's been going on in my life? Lots of knitting. Not a whole lot finished, but many WIPs!

This is the Gathered Scarf done in Malabrigo sock, Velvet Grapes colorway.


Cashmere Cowl
in Plucky Knitter 2py lace, William James colorway. There's about 400 yds in the hank, so I'm knitting this doubled.

Squid Socks in MamaBlue Simple Merino, Ink colorway

And still chugging away on the Central Park Hoodie v2.o. This time it's going much more smoothly and I'm very happy with the results. Yarn is Cascade 220 Tweed in Pine. I'm actually about 80% done on the project. Back and 2 fronts are blocked already, and am almost done with the 2nd sleeve. Whew! Hoping to be done with this by the end of the month. That seems like a reasonable goal.



I've been feeling a little winter blues lately, just wanting to get out of Dodge and get some sunshine. Maybe a trip to South Beach? Even with the blues, I still like the snow, especially today's. It's rare that we get nice, fluffy, snowman snow in Fargo. Usually the wind gets to it before anybody really gets to enjoy it.

This is the view from my shop.


That giant snowflake isn't real ;).

2 comments:

February 20, 2009 | Sarah said...

Yaaaaaaaay! I like your post. And, as much as I hate the cold I was liking the pretty snow today as well.

February 21, 2009 | stricken madchen said...

You are always knitting such yummy things!